Project Manager / Development Associate
Construction Project Manager/Development Associate
Grubb Ventures is a boutique development and property management firm located in Raleigh NC. We specialize in commercial, multi-family and adaptive re-use properties. We are seeking a dynamic individual responsible for overseeing a variety of construction projects including new development, commercial or retail buildouts, and renovation of existing multi-family or office properties. This individual will represent the owner and investors by supervising construction projects from permitting through project completion. This individual will also assist the Development Team with entitlements, architectural and engineering plans, soliciting bids, and contract negotiation, as needed. Grubb Ventures is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, color, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Responsibilities for this position include:
- Overseeing General Contractor for commercial, multi-family, industrial, or retail projects.
- Performing project budgeting, job scheduling, and cost tracking throughout construction process.
- Providing necessary administration to verify construction is completed correctly, effectively and per plans provided by the architect.
- Assisting with review and coordination of Construction Documents, including drawings, specifications, RFIs, submittals, and field reports.
- Overseeing the GC to keep them on schedule while ensuring compliance with OSHA, code requirements, and job site cleanliness standards.
- Representing owner in regular construction meetings with GC and/or subcontractors.
- Managing 3rd Party Vendors including signage, landscaping, security, and equipment providers.
- Coordinating installation and documentation of all public and private utilities.
- Verifying monthly funding requests for construction draws.
- Obtaining proposals from General Contractors, Vendors, and Consultants and analyzing cost information.
- Track past construction and development project costs for use in cost estimation of future work.
- Providing property management team with regular communication and status updates with accurate delivery schedule from the contractor.
- Individual must possess the ability to perform different jobs and be flexible based on the needs of the company.
- Must have the ability to manage other employees as needed.
- Degree in Construction/Project Management, Engineering, Architecture, or related field
- At least 3+ years of experience in construction/project management and/or real estate development
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to interpret site plans, architectural drawings, and construction documents
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Project